Update on The Washington Family

September 2011

Ramsey: 32 months
counting to 20, knows all shapes and colors, knows his days of the week, potty-training, loves being "mommy's helper", enjoys reading books, can work an iphone, computer, ipad, and his tv/dvd player all by himself, loves snuggling up and watching movies, favorite saying is "what?! almooooooost".

Raiden: 21 months
counting to 10, knows most shapes and colors, is trouble-trouble with a capital T, loves to play jokes, likes to watch Baby Can Read, enjoys books and loves to dance to music, potty-training and doing great! favorite saying is "be right back".

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Two of my girlfriends sent this link to me. My jaw dropped to the floor! You'll see why when you click on the link. Thank you Khourie and Julie....y'all are SO SWEET!!! That was neat.
http://news.cnnbcvideo.com/?nid=iPodNJ_OLz_PLmRweB0AoTExMDE4MzM-&referred_by=16224141-FAzewyx&p=moveon

I had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. Shaun and I were very busy on Saturday as we were helping to host my charity foundation's event in Wylie at the Woodbridge Golf Club. It was very successful and I think we raised around $16, 000 for our foundation and had 140 golfers play in the tournament. www.BKMfoundation.org Ramsey went to the golf tourney all day with us and was such a good baby. I was very proud of him. Shaun and I were able to snag a golf cart and go for a little ride around the course to check on players and Ramsey loved looking around at the scenery. He is definitley an outside baby.

On Sunday we joined my family in Dallas/Richardson for lunch and a little visit. Ramsey got to see his Grandaddy Hunter and Mama J. We didn't stay for long. We were all exhausted from Saturday's event, not to mention the flood of emotions our "big news" this week as brought as well. We came home and enjoyed a nice afternoon nap as a family. I received a gorgeous bouqet with 2 dozen red roses in it from Ramsey (His daddy is a wonderful man!) during the week and the card was absolutely precious. It was written as though Ramsey had wrote it himself. I cried...of course! I also received a nice bottle of perfume from "my boys" for mother's day. The best part of it all....was just holding on to Ramsey while we napped today (Sunday). There is nothing greater to me in this world than being a mom. I love it.....and it's a good thing I do....since I will be a mommy to TWO before long.

Update on Baby #2: I am not planning to go to the doctor until June 8th. By then I will be 11 weeks or so. If my calculations are correct, baby #2 will be due on January 6, 2010. Ramsey and his little sibling will be 13 months apart. Yes, Shaun and I are definitely overwhelmed....but very happy. It will be a rough road to tow at first....but our hopes are that they will be close siblings. We know Ramsey is going to be an awesome big brother, but it sure is hard to think of it in that light right now since he is only 5 months old himself. Everyone keeps asking us if we prefer a boy or a girl. Neither one of us really care.....as long as he/she is healthy. Of course, Shaun would love to have another boy. As he puts it....."TWO shots at the NFL draft".....oh....men! I will be equally excited no matter what the sex is. We've already started thinking of names and are still trying to wrap our head around preparing for another nursery, etc. My hormones are in a whirlwind right now as my body is again going through many changes, but I'm not feeling sick....yet. I'm just trying to get through the end of the year and enjoy the summer with Ramsey. Sadly, teacher's "summer break" isn't as long as it used to be. But I'm definitely looking forward to being with Ram and spoiling him rotten! :)













































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, congratulations. A year apart is good. You get all the diapers over with, puberty, etc. pretty much all at the same time. I look forward to more blogs about this new little bundle!

Aly Scott said...

Happy Mother's Day chica!! Next years Mom's day will be an experience. Congrats on baby #2. I knew you wanted to have them close but a year apart is not what I expected. You should have gone my route....TWINS!